Monday, February 9, 2009

4 weeks from the 2009 Arnold Classic!!


Dear Friends and Fans,


Yes.. OMG.. I'm here. I kwno it's been a long time. I'm sorry. I could give you all these excuses, but lets skip it and get to the present.. Except to say I hope you all had a GREAT Holiday Season. My web site is up and running with new content. If you happen to be getting a warning when on the site, use your browser instead of google for a bit. I've been told it's because of google... The site IS safe.


I've been training hard and staying focused for the Arnold. I was so excited to get invited. I was preparing well before I knew I would be doing the show which has left in a very good position. I think my muscle maturity is really starting to show. I didn't get HEAVIER off season. I stayed about 152-155. I was discouraged because I wanted to hang at 160 consistently... I guess I'm just stuck on that number...lol anywhoo I stayed leaner than ever too.. It just happened.. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I concentrated on my areas.. legs/ hams/ lateral quad/ calfs/ triceps.


A typical day for me is as follows:


4/4:30 am 1 hour on the treadmill


then 4 (5:10) mandatory rounds 20 minutes 40 secs


office work/ house work/ cooking/web cam


10:30/11 - 30 minutes on the hand bike at gym


practice routine 45 minutes


tan


home to eat


nap from 12-1:30


back to the gym to train (1hour)and do another 30 minutes on the step mill


4pm-8/9pm- see patients do last 30 minutes of cardio if I didn't get it after training.


So... a busy day full of things that take an enormous amount of energy.


I'm living off 2 Isolyze protein shakes and 3 chicken and veg whole meals/day. It's all good though. I feel decent.. highs and lows... but have had it worse. I'm enjoying not having to make a weight class. I can keep myself as full as possible.... I've been sitting around 142-144 and it's not dropping off quick. I'm really lean now though. I don't want to get all strung out looking. I have some big girls to stand next to. I think I'll show @ 140 or so. Which will be my biggest since 2004 Nationals although I was close at the 2006 Europa where I qualified for the Ms. Olympia.


I hope to place in the top 10. The last time I competed at this level I place 14th out of 15.. so I hope to pull out of the bottom.. but in my opinion.. even last is NOT bottom at this show. I will be at the Species Nutrition booth on Saturday.. so come by and say HI.


I'm going to try to keep you up till I leave for the show. I hope to do a little shoot this weekend, so I'll have a decent picture for you. the one here is what I call a mug shot. It is one I sent to Dave for a progress picture.... I had to grab a neighbor real quick to snap a shot of me... It's not easy to do pix when you have no one around.. lol./ anyway I look like hell but my side chest looks good.


Thank you for keeping up with me and showing your support.



Your Pro,

Dr. Dena




2 comments:

NOSFERATU said...

¡hey!, nice shoes...is a joke.

JoeMoney said...

one of my favorite pictures of you. Barefoot possibly next time?