Sunday, August 15, 2010

Free Falling

Dear Friends and Fans,



If you have been reading my blog, you know that I'm going through a personal growth spurt. I really do enjoy these. They are scary and painful, but I enjoy the feeling because I understand why it is there and from this point on hope to not feel it but be able to empathize with others. But... I learn from this, so I can direct others. To be a leader, you've had to WALK in those SHOES! So, " give it to me"!



I started healing others with my hands and energy @ the age of 22. Dr. Frederick Freed, DC hired me as his office as a back office assistant. I was so excited! I remember rolling around in my yard with excitement. My chance at a real job. I worked with him for 7 years while I worked on my AA and BS. I always knew I was placed here to help others. I told my mother, at a young age, I was going to be a doctor and bodybuilder... LOL. She loved the doctor part and eventually respected and admired the bodybuilder, because she knows me. Well in these early years of life, I discovered something very quickly. I discovered that by the time people got old ( 45-60)...LOL... remember I'm 22 at this time... they were very unsatisfied with life. I found a common denominator here. It included the following: Spouse, children and job. I decided way before this moment that I was not going to get married or have children. I was fortunate to have experienced and judged that at a young age. So, the job? I would have control of, BUT I would become an employer. Whoa! To me... that is a major commitment I will stand by. In my opinion, an employer is responsible for more than 1/2 of an individuals happiness and that is IMPORTANT!



So, I'm in my early 20's and discovering all these issues "Adults" are having. How can this be eased, or yet, prevented? One thing I knew for sure is that, I didn't want to wake up at the age of 45 and wonder "Who am I" and "What have I done with my life". I correlated this with individuals who got married early in life and became a wife and mother before they became a whole person. The children hopefully fly the nest and you look in the mirror and wonder " who are you"?



I came up with my own theory here on how to chronologically mature, and have been living it. Your teens are out of control emotions are flying, fitting in, and being accepted... Yuck! Your 20's... you couldn't pay me with hind site to relive! Who am I. What am I suppose to do? Your 30's... now you're talking. I think it was about the age of 32 that I caught a glimpse of someone in the mirror. Not sure who it is, but I see it's reflection, briefly, but it has me curious. It was 35 when I started finding myself starting back in the mirror trying to figure out what is in those green eyes. I think there is something in there trying to talk to me. It was my person and soul wanting to connect, but could only connect with the introduction of the individual. I started to feel the strength I got out of the relationship between those two indentities discovering each other as a child, an adult, a bodybuilder, a doctor, and yet a person.



I have been so looking forward to my 40's... which is 5.5 months away. I have always pictured this as a time, if matured chronically correct, is filled with self understanding and love, and an establish profession with endless happiness. I'm here feeling pressed for time and have saved the best for last. I'm being slapped across the face time and time again with the one thing I have saved for last. I see it though... and kinda like the challenge of over coming it.



As far as my physique and training. It is all off the hook. Bodybuilding has taught me a way to live my life. Thank god that stuck forever because at times that is my only unconditional love.



LEADERSHIP:



To have courage, to live positively in the optimism and to believe that the worthy, the good and the decent will prevail is the great human obligation and constitutes that rare quality known as LEADERSHIP.

I'm in a state of falling. My arms are open and chest high... frightening but free, as I approach the next decade of my life.

Your Pro,
Dr.Dena






6 comments:

Scott said...

I really enjoy reading your blog because of the direct focus you always seem to present. It is both empowered and advancing, never just resting on where you are, but looking forward.

I'm not sure I agree with the sentiments of solitude in this post, though. I just think that I like to share my life a little more with family and friends, and that helps me define who I am more than just what I do with myself.

In any case, I'm glad to read that you're doing excellently, and really, the point is feeling great and not how you get there.

Teddy said...

Every time I read this there is one thing that just keeps me reading it over and over again. It is so true that Bodybuilding can be ones "Unconditional Love". The weights never talk back, they have no feelings or emotions, they always respond to your wants. Yet they are in control, control of your destiny, your dreams, your physique and the way it is molded and sculptured. The positive results can be just like taking that "Leap of Faith"

VIKRAM SINGH said...

Good work. Keep writing such posts.

visit my blog at
http://confessions.gendomain.in
and confess your secret

Cerulean Butterfly said...

you are a beautiful person, both on the outside and the inside!!!


love from sweden!!!!
xoxoxox!!

Baron said...

I on the other hand must read your blog over and over again becuz i can't always follow your train of thought.

Do you wanna get married but not have kids OR do you NOT wanna get married at all&have no kids?

kensota said...

Dr. Dena,
Best wishes for your new clinic. I like to read about people who have such drive and at the same time are kind to others.