Monday, October 29, 2007

Aches and Pains



Dear Friends and Fans,






So how many of you are also feeling aches and pains as the weather moves through? You know... I'm not getting any younger either...lol. As I gain experience and experiences, I do my best to help my patients through the aging process. What do I know, right... seeing that I'm just beginning the process myself. So what I've come to realize is that no matter which age category your in, it's all about working within your limitations, but view these limitations as stepping stones to your longevity. If you don't, then you biomechanically start to mess things up which will cause an increase in pain and decrease in range of motion, and psychologically ,you depress yourself by reflecting on what you USED to do. We are organic compounds and are degrading daily NO MATTER WHAT. The only way to slow the process down is to decrease the stresses on the body.. these stresses are mechanical, psychological, chemical( nutrition), and environmental( air, rays etc..). Don't cry about what you used to be able to do; focus on what you can do to limit these stressors.


So, I'm in the 4th week of not being able to really train chest or shoulders. I strained my shoulder , doing one arm push ups. It's everytime I try to show off that I get some stupid little injury. Well I've just accepted what I can do, and work around it until it is better. How long....? As long as it takes. You see when i deliver a chiropractic adjustment I use a whole body force to move a segment. It sounds real barbaric,but it's not. The force is just the coming together of energy resulting in a thrust... and I'll leave it at that..lol I can see I may be opening up a can of worms here. Anyway, long story short.. everytime I deliver a thrust about 1/4 of that thrust comes back at me, kinda like a wave bouncing off the seawall, so all day long I get a little strain in my shoulder from adjustments, and if for some reason ( the patient not relaxed, joint not to tension, more speed or line of drive needed) then it's like hitting a bat against the wall, and yes I get a couple of those a day. All of this makes it even harder on the healing process then add some arm and back work outs, and who is calling the kettle black??? lol. I'm telling you this because this goes for the mommy sitting on the floor for hours playing with baby, the business person moving through the airport with their briefcase or roller bag in one had and phone in the other, the computer person moving the intricate muscles of the hand and forearm, carpenters swinging a hammer. Associate a lot of your aches and pains with the repetitive uses you have. Realize them, accept them, and then do what you can to decrease the stressors. Drink proper amounts of water, sit in the tub or jacuzzi ( I hate the sauna dry heat), get enough rest, massage and stretch the areas around your ouchies. Get your spine adjusted... make sure the door is hanging in the frame correctly...if not it will work, but could work better!




I'm continuing to do what I can in the gym.. mainly legs and abs. I'm still working on my Absolute Abs. I changed the name to avoid copyright stuff later. It's going to be lots of fun. I never told you guys what happened with Maryjane's leg. The Dr. says her symptoms presents a possible partial tear of the ACL. I figure if it goes we'll go have it fixed then. He said when it happens they won't even stand on it. We have started 3 cardio walks a week, and she seems fine. You see.. realize and accept your limitations.. I even have to do it with my dog if not I will lose my friend early.


Business stuff is coming around. I feel a bit flat lined, I'd love to go sit on a mountain somewhere and stare down at all the colorful trees. I bet it's nice flying into St. Louis right now. My friend Becky is having an event this weekend.. Dancing with the St. Louis Stars... she is performing and we have a dinner and stuff. Should be fun. I'm planning on wear a black foil gown with plunge neck. There is a pix of me in it on the site. I hope you all are enjoying the site. I have new stuff planned in late November.... and of course my sexy santa shoot. I'm still putting my ideas together for that. Have a wonderful week. Thank you for all your support.



Your Pro,

Dr. Dena

No comments: