Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Leaves Are Turning



Dear Friends and Fans,




What a good title for what I 've been experiencing the past 2 weeks. I'm sorry to be gone so long. I needed time to figure out what direction I need to take. It's easier said than done to just forget the 26 weeks of training I dedicated my whole self to. It's like walking away from a relationship your heart wants to be in, but your senses know better. Gym is always there for me. He's my special friend with benefits...lol. After talking to my life coach, and a couple other pro bodybuilders, I've come to terms with the fact I can't be a bodybuilder 52 weeks. I've been guilt ridden not having this extreme focus I had on bodybuilding just a couple weeks ago. I strained my shoulder earlier in the week, so I took the week off for my upper body to heal. I plan to be back in the gym next week and not push it real hard for the moment, but get the HUNGER back.

My focus at this time needs to be on some ideas that need to be implemented into my practice. Since I've been back from the Olympia my practice has been off the hook which is great, but it makes triple work for me on the paperwork side. I start feeling overwhelmed. I can't wait for the day I can be just the doctor. I will be in a Chiropractic seminar all weekend. I'm looking forward to turning over my leaf and motivate and be motivated by my colleagues and mentors.

I'll be working on my Hip Hop Abs class the rest of October. I plan to start it at the gym in November. I will record it and have it on the site shortly. November 2nd is the set date for me to get the gym equipment in my basement. My good friends and sponsors Frank and Liz Aten are downsizing and have lots of stuff for my gym. I'm looking forward to being able to train at my leisure at home. I have a Smith Machine coming... that's an important piece. I hope to start training my friend Patty in the basement. I need to find joy in it again. I've never felt this way... so I'm having to just ride the wave. ALL is great though... my life still is the best it's ever been. I'm just the type of person who is always striving for more. It's hard especially if you don't take the time to sit back and think about what you have already accomplished. No matter what... I've worked very hard to be where I am....




Your Pro,


Dr. Dena

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dena,
I just found your blog. I have been trying to find Liz's email address for some time, but haven't been able to find it. Ask her if it's ok that you share it with me. I would love to talk to her. I do miss her alot.
Thanks
Adria