Sunday, December 9, 2007

Growing Pains



Dear Friends and Fans,


I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess that is why I named this growing pains. I finally felt like I got everything in my office "caught up" just until this seminar over the weekend. It does feel good to know that I'm not alone.... but I felt like the student that didn't get the "good" notes for the test!! lol, meaning the insurance game. My issue was just a little decorative flower hanging on the perimeter of the cake, I need to get the damn recipe to the cake!!! I did have some colleagues talk to me about some specifics within their office that will be of great value to me. I think here is where my organization problem has been. I had to get from underneath the paperwork to see what I could do better. Although I'm stressed about a new issue now this is all making me better at what I do, and will get me the efficiency I've been looking for.




It's hard for me because every year I grow as a practice and a person with that growth comes more responsibility. I was never the "smartest" kid in class, I really had to try. When people would say "you're so smart because you went to college" well college taught me a trade just like a mechanic and his trade, I'm not smart enough for his job, the difference is college education, especially my chiropractic education, taught me time management, organization skills, social skills, how to work hard under pressure and most importantly how to reach my goals!!! Those are the best tools of life! And although I sometimes still feel like that student running around looking for the good notes...life is the teacher and I am the student. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Have a great week.


Your Pro,

Dr. Dena

5 comments:

ottr2d said...

I know what you mean. They say you learn something new every day, I think that rings true because you have to keep learning to grow, be it on the job or day to day life. What it comes down to is taking something away from every experience and applying it to your own knowledge. Wow, that's deep, did I just say that...lol. I love the cake reference, awesome!
Steve, your fan in Alton, Illinois

ottr2d said...

OOH, talk about a look that hits home. What a pic!
Steve, your fan in Alton, Illinois

Dena Westerfield said...

ottr2d,
lol yes you did say that!! I got your card.. Thank You so much! xoxo

Dena Westerfield said...

LOL! I got your card today.. Thank You very much. Let me know what you think of my Sexy Santa shoot coming up!xo

ottr2d said...

Awwww shucks, (blushing with head down, shoulders shrugged and hands in pockets) you're very welcome! And thank you so much! Hope you make it through all this snow alright, please be careful.
Steve, your fan in Alton, Illinois