Monday, March 23, 2009

Springing Into Bloom!!!


Dear Friends and Fans,


Well it's back to the full routine of training, posing and working. My friends had a CONGRATULATIONS party for me yesterday at friends Alex and Chris restaurant "El Agave" in Pacific, MO. oh my the food was GREAT and PLENTIFULLY!..LOL.. and a big chocolate cake. I almost over ate. Gosh, made that mistake one year... YUCK!! I really have some great friends, and want each of you to know that you really touched me.... I feel so fortunate to have so many people that love and appreciate me as a person. It's amazing how complete I'm beginning to feel. It honors me to share with you a poem that one for my friends wrote for me and read aloud at the party:


Ode To Dena


Please join us for a celebration
Not only tops in this great nation
She's also winner #9
In a world of muscles fine

Almost bare,she prances and dances
flexing while in muscular stances
On the stage she has such poise
while her fan club makes loud noise

This fine young woman we all know
Has great depth, she's not all show
Her friends are tops upon her list
And Maryjane gets hugged & kissed

The qualities that you posess
Makes all other seem a mess
You cook, you party yet motivation
Is the crux of your dedication

So dear Dena, we salute you
For the many things that you do
You heal us with your loving hands
You make no judgements no demands

How can one girl be so fun
Smart, accomplished next to none
Inside and out your beauty shines
You just get better like fine wines.

Thank you Connie


Okay so here it is, I have 7 weeks to pull my physique just a bit tighter. It's the damn glute/ ham area of course. I'm training my legs 4 days a week. I'm not killing them though, but they feel it the next day. I do the incline treadmill for 30 mins and then the rest of my cardio I try to do on the hand bike, so I don't burn up the size of my legs. A typical day of leg training would be 2 sets walking lunges, 2 sets box jumps, 3 sets stiff leg deads. I'm still doing 2 sets of pulls, push ups, and leg magic. My abs are INSANELY thick.. I'm gonna let them rest a bit... they get a work out while posing. everything seems to be right on so far. It's back to business... My posse wants to go to Vegas....LOL... Top 3 @ the NY Pro Show May 16th will Qualify me for the Ms. Olympia and a trip to Vegas with my friends and fans.


I have a guest posing Apr 25th here in St. Louis... Robert's Orpheum Theatre 7pm. It's a new NPC novice show called 2009NPC MIDWEST. I will be hosting the after party with the promoters Jack and Ann Titone. Ann is a top national figure competitor if you want to check her out. Show info WWW.NPCMIDWEST.COM . I will be back stage helping athletes during the prejudging and selling photo shoot outfits and photos at my booth. Come by and say hi. I'll keep you updated on the guest posing and the after party for all you local fans. Keep pushing me to be champion..... if only in my wourld...LOL.!!


Your Pro,

Dr. Dena