Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back From New York




Dear Fans,




I'm biting the bullet for time as usual; I had to sit back for a second a prioritize. Writing to you was #1 ( although I did start a load of laundry but that doesn't count). I had the best time in New York this past weekend. It was my first time.. and boy did I get the treatment! I worked and got to do everything I wanted. My room was on the 15Th floor. It had a 25ft window giving a perfect panoramic view of the city. I got to see it at all different hours of the day. The window opened all the way, so it felt as if I were sleeping outside. It was beautiful just to watch the city.




The shoot with Steve, from http://www.awefilms.com/ , was a blast. He is so fun to work with. We did a gym fantasy he called it. It should be out on his site soon. He said he always wanted to shoot this particular MONROE sign.. so we did. It was something getting to it. We had to climb up on the roof of some abandoned building. We managed and it turned about great. You can check out that one right now on http://www.awefilms.com/ . Hey don't think any of the people involved have it easy. I spent most of the shoot with my hands taped behind me and tape over my mouth. We were crammed up in the back of a pick up truck with a hard top on it. OH.. in the sun to boot! I'm not complaining that's what I get paid for.. but it is very hard and exhausting work. Thank you to Bob Bonham for allowing us to shoot in his gym Strong and Shapely. It's a great gym.. lots of equipment, and he was playing some good techno.




Sat., after the shoot, I went out on the town. Joel was my tour guide... and he knew his stuff.. 5 time Jeopardy champ..lol By the end of the weekend He said I've seen New York from the north, south, east and west. I went to Long Island to see Dave and Collette.. http://www.davepalumbo.com/ , I was driven over every bridge.. ate a huge slice of pizza at the Koronet 11th & Bway, had Susi at Ruby Foos, the piece of pie I had from Carnegie Deli was to big for me to even finish.. and it was cheat meal time so I wanted to.. but ohhhh I've over eaten before and it's not nice. We walked all over Time Square... I saw where the ball is dropped... the lights and energy were invigorating. I told Joel I wanted to go steal energy... in the heart of the evening when the shows were getting started he asked if this is enough energy.. Oh yeah! It was great! Need less to say, I was pooped... I shot all day and then walked many miles.... I was really looking forward to getting back to my view. I went up to wash my face.... I was only gonna lay down for a second.. I was out all night. I woke up late.. for me.. 7am... 8am STL time. It felt like I had been in a fight. The soreness of laying on my arms for hours.. bruises and cuts on my elbows and shoulders... ouch! It didn't stop me though. We hopped across the street to get a leg work out in and off I went to attack the city from another angle... You have to get fish from a place that is on the ocean.. I'm a Fl girl remember.. I've caught, filleted, and cooked my own Grouper. I wanted sit by the water and have fresh fish. I packed my bags, since we would not make it back before my flight, and off we went to Joisey Shore to eat at Bahrs. I had Tuna.. it was a nice time.. nothing like Florida seafood! I did see the Statue of Liberty too. thank you to Joel, Steve, Joe, Bob, Dave and Collette for your time.... The Picture is from the shoot. I tried to put one up of my view.. but couldn't get the blog to take it.




Okay, so here is what is up right now. I'm totally screwed!! It's almost 11pm.. way past my bed time.. I leave for ATL in the morning to guest pose at the Eastern Seaboard. I still have to cook and pack my meals for the weekend, I am dieting for a show, pack my bag, enter my services for the practice, go to the post office, bank, and just saw I was out of dog food, so to the store is on that list too. I'll be in bed early tomorrow.. after rushing around and battling the airport. My prep is coming along nicely.. My friend Wendi told me she sees more muscles in my legs since the last color session.. April 20th. the scale has finally budged a bit.. still have like 8 more pounds to go.. it's all in that nice full behind!! Gotta pull that area in.... everything is better than last year, so I couldn't ask for more. I will be judging at the Kansas City show June 30, and working the MHP booth at the Missouri State July 21. These events just surfaced so are not listed on my scheduled events. After this weekend, I will be home to really concentrate on getting focused on my show 6 weeks later. I hope to bring in a sharp physique that makes all of you proud to be my fan.




Your Pro,


Dr. Dena






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Moley! That Awefilms clip is pretty great. I hope you get even in part two. I don't like seeing my Dr. D get mistreated, even in some dudes fantasy! :)

-AJ

diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.