Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Monday Morning!!!!!


Dear Friends and Fans,


Here it is Monday am... what am I to do with myself??? No cardio, no sluggishness, no irritability, no pressure!!!! I will start where I left you last with my show weekend. Friday night, after the show, I just went out for a quiet dinner with my manager Joel, and new IFBB Pro from Holland "Saskia Salemink" http://www.saskiasalemink.nl/ . These 2 were my posse... there at my beck and call.. what a great help; it's the behind the scenes" people who really make a difference in your show experience. Look out for Saskia at this years Sacramento, in February.


Ok.... I choose pizza. I forget the name of the restaurant, but it was open til 3am, and great!! It was quite, empty, and we were catered to! Cheese pizza, chicken Alfredo with angel hair, garlic cheese bread with marinara, salad, chocolate cake, A couple HUGE diet cokes.OOOOHHHHH my stomach was burning as I laid in bed. Not to the REAL bad state... I think it was like 2:30 am when Joel called and told me the pixs were up on http://www.musculardevelopment.com/ , contests,2007 Europa, I couldn't stand it any longer... I had to see!!!! Up out of bed and down to the 4th floor to pay the computer a visit. My posse and I viewed the pictures and critiqued me, I can still see the fullness I need. First.. My legs got me 4th. I had the other three on MANY poses.. Oh my back was better.. my abs are tighter, my chest is more detailed... but the no matter how much better my back, abs, chest are, my legs fell short in EVERY Pose!!! I see it!! I thought I had done a good job bring my shoulders up, but the 2 debbies made my shoulders look small and flat. I still need stuffing in the pillows.. I have time. I feel really good that; I'm organizing my game plan, and getting my focus where it needs to be... more specific training.... maybe heavy stuff; Charles and I will meet at the Olympia and put my plan together.. most likely I will be at Venice bch Gold's in Nov and Feb to be with the "Trainer of Champions" Charles Glass. What do I have to work on this year.. for the 4th year in a row , we will give it to the Shoulder, Lats and legs. I still want to build up the calfs and triceps, but I'm positive this will happen as I bring up the mentioned ares. I'm going to talk things over more with my diet guru, http://www.davepalumbo.com/ , about not working for a weight class. He says we can get me down real quick to make 135, after making these improvements, but I look at it like this... #1 heavy weight Tazzie is just huge, detailed, conditioned 162, which is very light for her, but 2nd place Thresa Bostick was 143 and 3rd place Beth Roberts 145. I was 143, full and less conditioned then I'm known for, @ the 2006 Europa I placed 2nd in the open and went to the 2006 Olympia. We could probably bring in a 143 more conditioned package.. placing me in the heavy weights. We'll see. Charles has always stated the fact I need to be bigger!!!!! The trick is doing this with out destroying my symmetry and look.


Ok Saturday I worked the MHP booth, and mingled with Fans all day. If you took a picture of us and would like it to be posted on my site email it to me with a caption. Oh I did shoot with Jerroll Figg Sat am too. Saturday night was off the hook. You can see the paparazzi pictures at http://www.musculardevelopment.com/ and I will have a gallery of the show up on the site shortly. We started at the Hyatt Atrium bar, where we all mingled till the ring leader arranged our rides. Off to Club Clear. We had our own room, of course. We all danced and had a great time. It was very hot!! We had many people crammed in a small room, but it was worth it. We moved on to Eden.. I found out later it was 18 and up.. no wonder everyone looked so young..lol. Lots of energy... It's fun to be around people of your kind ( fellow bodybuilders).. if you know what I mean. For the most part.. Us bodybuilders are misunderstood. I guess that's true in all aspects of life, but it's a free feeling to be among people you share such an important part of your life with, and like I've always said.. So this is why I do it..bodybuilding is slowly completing me.. as a person!!
I left Sunday evening came home and went right to bed. I snuggled with my baby, maryjane!! I have a somewhat light day in the office today.. good thing, it usually takes me a couple days to put Dr., Sexy to rest and transform back into Dr. Dena. the blisters on my feet are amazing! I never knew blisters could be so big. I can hardly walk. I chose this picture so you can see the shoes I'm about to tell you about, but this is me with my trainer Charles Glass. Ok, I went from a dehydrated state on Friday to an immediate liquid carbohydrate diet, after standing around all weekend and dancing all evening, edema... swelling... sets in , especially in the feet. OMG I got the sexiest shoes , but I paid for it. I think if my feet weren't swollen these shoes would be ok.. but my toes were crammed down into this semi open toed 6.5" heels. My poor feet... my little toes look like little sausages. OHHHHHH!! My mom says " it pays to be beautiful" she would say this as she brushed the knots out of my hair, the length of my hair was past my butt. " Spun Gold" is what she would call my hair.... of course my hair represented her.


I would like to specifically thank My posse Joel Goldberg, Saskia, Dave Palumbo and Charles Glass for making everything about me!! I always think I can do it myself.. and end up saying what would I have done without you! xoxox


My supporters that made all this possible for me

MHP

West County Health and Fitness

Wendi

Patty

Becky

Tony

Colette

My Mommy

All my patients

Fans

Friends

All of you..


Off to Transformation...lol. Talk to you soon. I have some great stuff planned for the site. Thank you for your support. Your membership is much appreciated and contributes 100% to my bodybuilding.


Your Pro,


Dr. Dena

3 comments:

ryu said...

Hi! Nice to meet you Dr.Dena!
I'm from JAPAN send a message.
I like...non... I love your great body and you! yes!
I saw the YOUTUBE first time,
WOW!THIS is my type!!I shouted unconsciously.
Luv luv luv 愛。。。your BIG FAN

Dena Westerfield said...

Nice to meet you thank you very much!

ryu said...

Thank you for answering!DENA!
then Your abdominal muscle-six pack
is so so beautiful!!
and I wanna say women's muscle is
so so sexy.
Of course! Dena's TOO!!

Do you know Japanese comic-MANGA
title"Fist Of The North Star"
in Japanese,HOKUTO NO KEN/北斗の拳
very very exciting story.