Monday, September 10, 2007

Beth is Back!!


Dear Friends and Fans,


Ahhhhhhhh! I had a break between patients, so I came home to write to you. Just made a grilled Velveeta cheese sandwich on Cinnamon/raisin bread, nice ice filled glass of diet A&W root beer.. I'm good to go! lol. My Monday has been wonderful! I trained early am with Nucks, heavy chest and shoulders. Still putting up 315 for 6. I probably shouldn't even train my upper body, but I figure you can never have too big of pecs or shoulders.


My week with Beth was great. We had a really good time. It was all business though. She was great with her posing, cardio, diet... I saw changes everyday in her physique. I know I have never looked like that. I look at her and realize where I'm weak definitely!! It's nice to be able to appreciate each other and what we have as individuals. She left here freaking ripped to the bone with a typical "Palumbo" veins and grains look. She was nice and full and still holding on to her weight. She's one of the top!!


I worked all week on her glute hamstring issue. She was very good at keeping it iced and understanding what she still needs to do to over come this. I did a lot of trigger point therapy, ultra sound and muscle stimulation, and adjusted her spine. I sent her home with this cane I sell in the office. It's called a thera cane, it's used to dig your "Knots" out yourself. Beth was good with that and has been able to isolate a lot of the problem now herself, which is my goal, so she can maintain this on her own. Of course, like all of us, she has some imbalance that can be corrected in her feet. I took an impression of her feet and will order her some orthotics for her shoes. In addition to many other postural issues, these will get her glutes to start working together more efficiently and take strain off the hip joints. She still has some work to be done, but she is willing and that's what will make her better.


Dan Ray came over this past Saturday to shoot. I hit it right when asking Dan to come back to shoot Beth and I together because this is not an easy task. It's a good thing that both Beth and I are experienced already in front of a camera or I could see how this could lead to a disaster. It is very difficult to get the right expression on both of our faces, with us doing the correct thing at the same time...ahhhh!!!!! LOL...At first we were kinda stumbling all over each other. Dan , being known as a VERY passive guy, immediately took control.. Yeah believe it???!!! He could quickly direct us and get us positioned properly. We looked at the pixs, and you could see how his direction really filled in all the spots and made the picture whole. He did an excellent job as usual. I had a couple of scenes planned out that went perfectly. Beth was really feeling the diet on Saturday.. I was afraid she was not going to want to shoot, and Dan was driving 4 hours to come here... A dose of Dan's Karma and she had a second wind. I even pooped out before her. The pillow fight scene was the last one we did. Beth wanted to get all the shooting over on Sat, so she could relax before her flight... she was right... but I was tired... She talked me into the pillow fight. I picked a really cute picture from the pillow fight. OMG.... can you imagine the cleaning I still have to do to get the feathers gone??? They are still all over. It was a blast!! Beth is a good person!


Back to work.. I have to use this week to get organized as much as possible. I meet with my accountant on Thurs, and next week my business manager is coming to STL to help me with some of my business issues. I'm excited!! After everything he has already taught me to do with my site and cam, he can now teach me to practice business sense. I hope to soon be very efficient in everything I do. My friend Becky told me of a dog Ortho guy. I think soon it is time to get some understanding of Maryjane's ankle and foot. I would let them do a cortisone shot.. but.. I need to just get some imaging and see if it's ligamentous.


I'm looking forward to the Olympia. Come by the MHP booth and say HI. Thank you for all your support.
PS. I expected more out of oreo cakesters...what do you guys think?? LOL..

Check out Beth's New web site http://www.bodybuilderbeth.com/
Your Pro,

Dr. Dena

3 comments:

ryu said...

Hello Dr.Dena
long time no see.

I just wanna say..I luv you
and I want your sexy body!
oops!..sorry..little bit naughty expression..HAHaha

from JPN with luv

Dena Westerfield said...

JPN,
Thank you for your support. xoxo

dave said...

hey dena you look absolutely awesome. keep up the great work. love dave