Monday, June 4, 2007

Shoot in Indianapolis


Dear Fans,

What a great weekend I've had. I took off on Thursday to shoot with the infamous Barry Brooks. He and I get along great, and do some amazing work together. We took 1,520 pictures this weekend, lots of good stuff for the website. Keep looking for all new and fresh content in the galleries. For those of you who don't know Barry " Butt man" Brooks, he is an icon photographer in women's bodybuilding. He makes up part of the Women's Physique World posse. He has a beautiful home set up perfectly for shoots. His studio is equipt with everything. I never had to leave. I was able to walk around his neighborhood for my cardio, it was just perfect. He is great to just sit and talk to about the history of women's bodybuilding. He has the whole collection of old WPW ( women's physique world) mags. I just thumbed through all of them. I got great motivation seeing all the women who have paved the way. Where are they all now? I saw young pictures of Juliette Bergman, Lenda M., Cori Everson. I loved looking at all the different poses and how different their physiques looked back then. the time frame was late 80's early 90's when women were really hitting the scene. Barry has seen me, but not photographed me since 2003. He was quite impressed with my improvements. It was exciting coming from someone of such an eye for the sport. We laughed and had a great time. Thank you for the great pixs and hospitality Barry!

Crunch time for me. 3 Weeks out of the Jan Tana. Dave said I looked incredible in the pixs I sent, but upped my cardio 10 more minutes equalling 110mins a day. He says he's not worried about me making weight... I just better have my glutes in...lol He is critical and can be hard on me at times. I think I look better than I ever have, so I can't ask for more except to dial in and show a chiseled, symmetrical, pleasing package. I plan to really buckle down, tie this diet in tight, practice my posing and focus on staying calm while trying to do the 1,000 things I have to do everyday. Only I can make this happen, that's what I love about the sport. Hope you like the pix I chose to post.. Keep up the support I need my fans more than ever right now! Let's get me to to "Rock Status" @ the Ms. Olympia. 1st place @ Jan Tana goes to the Olympia.


Y0ur Pro,

Dr. Dena

2 comments:

mozarkid said...

Wow, I have this weird urge to go buy new tires...

Look at you Dena! This should be a good year.

Edie said...

My first ever on your website. Loving it! by day I see you as Dr. Dena Westerfield not thinking that you are more than that. You are truly a professional. I love this picture with the tires. Magazine material.